Being a MAA committee member affords you with the opportunity to help shape our programs and events, build relationships and enhance your leadership skills. The programs and services MAA offers its members are the backbone of the association and are developed and supported by a variety of committees made up of MAA members.
To maximize the value of your membership, we encourage committee participation. Committee participation requires attendance at committee meetings and active participation as a representative of MAA. To participate on a committee, you must be a member in good standing.
To view the MAA Committee Sign Up Form, Click Here.
Please email Jill Blanco with your Committee preference(s). You will receive a confirmation and notification of the first committee meeting upon acceptance.
Careers Committee: The Careers Committee is responsible for promoting careers in the rental housing industry and encouraging recruitment efforts of members. The committee also plans special events, such as industry panels, career fairs, community outreach events and more.
- The Careers Committee meets every other month or as needed.
- Education Committee: The Education Committee is tasked with planning and marketing quarterly Buzz & Biz events and creating the education calendar for the association which highlights NAAEI (National Apartment Association Education Institute) credentials as well as local sessions.
- The Education Committee meets monthly.
EXPO Fall Conference Committee: The EXPO Committee is responsible for generating new exhibitor leads and identifying ways to retain, engage and attract new exhibitors. The committee also assists with the schedule and format for the conference, and other special projects needed.
- The EXPO Fall Conference Committee meets as needed leading up to the annual Fall Conference.
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee is responsible for generating new member leads, assisting with the dues renewal process and identifying ways to retain, engage and attract new members.
- The Membership Committee meets monthly January – April, and then every other month or as needed for the remainder of the year.
NextGen Committee: The NextGen committee meets throughout the year to network, build relationships and enhance their professional development. The committee is responsible for planning the social networking events for MAA including 2-3 First Look Tours and Annual Red Sox Outing. They are also responsible for organizing volunteering opportunities with MAA's Charitable Partner, Rosie's Place. Recommended for professionals with 0-10 years of industry experienced.
- The NextGen Planning Committee meets every other month or as needed.
- Special Events Committee: The Special Events Committee helps plan and provide feedback on networking events, such as the Maintenance Mania, Spring Golf and the annual Summer Cookout.
- The Special Events Committee meets as needed.
Contact Kayla Burmeister, Assistant Director of Membership & Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.