At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) is an NAR certification program designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. Since 1998, the At Home With Diversity® program has prepared over 20,000 REALTORS® to work effectively with and within today’s increasingly diverse pool of homebuyers.
The At Home with Diversity® course is a 6 to 7-hour class that can be taken online or in person and addresses the topics of diversity, fair housing, and business planning development. After successfully completing the course, REALTORS® are eligible to apply for the official AHWD certification, which conveys to clients they’re working with a dynamic real estate professional with expertise that transcends cultural barriers.
About the Course
The At Home With Diversity® Course teaches REALTORS® how to:
- Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
- Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
- Build a business plan that minimizes risk and successfully services all types of clients
AHWD Certification Benefits
- At Home With Diversity® Certification certificate of achievement
- Updated education records on nar.realtor and NRDS directory listings
- Congratulatory letter from the National Association of REALTORS®
- Exclusive access to At Home With Diversity® marketing tools and resources
- Networking and referral opportunities in the official At Home With Diversity® Certification Holders Facebook group
- Eligibility for the AHWD certification
- Continuing Education credit potential (depending on your state)
- Elective credit toward the ABR®, GRI (depending on your state), CIPS, and PMN designations
At Home With Diversity Certification Live Webinar Course
Wed., August 12 & Thurs., August 13
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cultivating Multicultural Relationships is Good for Business! REALTORS® know the importance of adapting and remaining relevant in today’s marketplace. By developing a business practice rooted in inclusion and equality, you can help buyers of all cultural backgrounds achieve the dream of homeownership.
The At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) certification course teaches you how to work effectively with diverse populations so you can build business success in today’s multicultural real estate market.
2 MA CE Credits Offer: Fair Housing (RE19RC12)
Instructor: Leigh York, 2018 REALTOR of the Year, Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS® Texas Real Estate Broker, ABR, GRI, CRS, SRS, TAHS, RSPS, SFR, AHWD,NHS, SRES, MRP, CUE, RFC, RENE
Leigh is a third-generation real estate licensee who has managed staff and hundreds of agents. She now sells real estate and speaks nationally along with some broker and culture coaching. She wants your business to succeed and is excited to share some of her ‘lessons learned’ with you!