Each year, the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS® (GBAR) publicly recognizes the active volunteer involvement, charitable acts, and business success of members through an annual awards program. In 2023 the association will honor REALTORS® and one Affiliate Member for their actions and accomplishments with the presentation of six distinguished awards – Rising Star Award, the Good Neighbor, REALTOR® of the Year, REALTOR® Spirit, Affiliate Member of the Year, and Andrew F. Hickey Distinguished Service Awards. Nominations for each award will be accepted until May 1, 2023.
- The Rising Star Award recognizes agents and brokers who have demonstrated success in the real estate business early in their career, and are active volunteers in their community and/or the real estate industry and REALTOR® organization. Recipients must have held membership in the REALTOR® organization for less than seven years and are known for their work ethic, passion, and professionalism; possess creativity and a strong business acumen; and have proven leadership skills.
- The Good Neighbor Award honors real estate professionals for their community activism. The REALTOR® of the Year Award recognizes members for their volunteer efforts in the local community, business accomplishments, and service to the REALTOR® organization on the local, state and national levels during the preceding 18 months.
- The REALTOR® Spirit Award recognizes individuals who both motivate and support other industry practitioners through actions, words and cooperation.
- The Affiliate Member of the Year Award acknowledges the active involvement of an industry affiliate for their active participation in GBAR programs and activities, and their general support of the association, its mission and the REALTOR® membership.
- The Andrew F. Hickey Distinguished Service Award honors licensed real estate practitioners who have held membership in the Greater Boston Real Estate Board for a minimum of 15 years and are recognized as prominent leaders within the REALTOR® association, real estate industry, and their local community.
- The REALTOR® of the Year Award is presented annually to the one member who best demonstrates the entrepreneurial spirit, civic involvement, professionalism, and commitment to organizational ideals that all REALTORS® aspire to achieve.
When completing nomination forms, please be sure to complete required sections to the best of your ability. Entry forms which contain name and contact information only for a nominee will require us to notify the award nominee to request details of their activities and accomplishments.
Online Nomination Forms
Awards will be presented at the annual GBAR Awards program in August. For questions on the award nomination process, contact John at [email protected].