Membership and Events Coordinator-Posted April 2019
Posted: April 2019
Position: Membership and Events Coordinator
Dept./Division: Commercial Divisions
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Commercial Divisions- GBREB
The Membership and Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Commercial Divisions of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board team by managing the membership database and event preparation for close to 40 education, social, and networking programs a year. Events include educational luncheons, networking receptions, golf tournaments, awards programs, committee meetings, and much more. This person will be responsible for event registration process for all events, including billing and event reconciliation. This person will be responsible for managing the production of event communications and maintaining information on the websites. Membership responsibilities include managing the dues renewal process through invoicing, recording dues payments, updating member records, running reports, and tracking payments.
* Manage membership dues renewal and recruitment process through invoicing, member outreach, processing invoices
* Respond to general questions regarding membership
* Work closely with members to identify appropriate engagement opportunities through committee involvement and manage committee tracking lists
* Manage event registration process for close to 40 programs per year, including billing and event reconciliation
* Prepare for events including running registration reports, printing nametags, printing event collateral and packing event materials.
* Respond to inquiries regarding each program and event
* Attend all programs and events and provide registration and event coordination support
Event Marketing / Communications
* Maintain/update division websites
* Manage the production of online event communications, including writing and proofreading content
* Support social media efforts
* Work closely with Executive Director on assigned Board Meeting and Committees, prepping for the meetings, providing registration reports, drafting meeting minutes
* Assist with production of Annual Report and annual Board Handbook
* Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
* Bachelor’s degree in event management, business, communications, marketing or a related field is preferred
* 2 + years of experience in event management, member relations, customer service or marketing is preferred
* Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Strong work ethic
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Excel, PowerPoint
* Database management experience
* Interest and experience with social media
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Commercial Divisions - Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Commercial Brokers Association (CBA), Real Estate Finance Association (REFA) and Rental Housing Association (RHA) are divisions of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board. www.gbreb.com
Apply to email@example.com
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
The Greater Boston Real Estate Board is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will The Greater Boston Real Estate Board discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
The Greater Boston Real Estate Board consists of five organizations: Building Owners and Managers Association, Commercial Brokers Association, Greater Boston Association of Realtors®, Real Estate Finance Association, and the Rental Housing Association. GBREB is an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®, BOMA International and the National Apartment Association.