Foundations of Real Estate Management
Fridays, March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 1, 2022 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hybrid: Zoom or BOMA Boston, Three Center Plaza, Mezzanine Suite, Boston
First time offered since 2020! Foundations of Real Estate Management is a 5-module, 28-hour, entry-level course, covering the fundamentals of commercial real estate administration, management, building systems, accounting/reporting, contract management, and more. View the Registration Form to learn more.
For all experience levels, Foundations…
- Reinforces on-the-job training for junior and assistant property managers
- Provides “feet-on-the-ground” experience and exposure for administrative assistants and students considering a career in commercial real estate
- Offers a great refresher for experienced professionals—fills training gaps and provides important management and operations updates
- Supports suppliers and building engineers who benefit from
Module 1: Real Estate Administration
Friday, March 4 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Instructor: Shawn W. Carroll, RPA, Past BOMA Boston President, Director, CBRE
Module 2: The Well-Versed Real Estate Manager
Friday, March 11 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Instructor: Jennifer Twombly, RPA, 2022 BOMA Boston President-Elect, General Manager, Rockhill Management
Module 3: Building Operations 1
Friday, March 18 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Instructor: Carissa Kelly, MSFM, MBA, CFM, Facilities Operations Manager, Harvard Medical School
Module 4: Building Operations 2
Friday, March 25 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Instructor: Mark Giampa, RPA, CPM, General Manager, Related Beal
Module 5: Putting It All Together
Friday, April 1 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Instructor: Gerry McGonagle, Regional Manager, ATI Restoration
Register & Pricing
Deadline: Friday, February 18. Pre-payment is required. No refunds will be given for cancellations after February 18.
Member: $750 | Non-member: $900
To register, please complete the Registration Form and email to Sharon Cheng.
Health & Safety Guidelines
- All in-person attendees are required to wear masks indoors except when actively eating or drinking.
- All in-person attendees must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to each class. By attending, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Proofs will be checked the beginning of each class.
- Acceptable Form of Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination: We will accept the original vaccination card or a digital copy of the vaccination card as proof of full vaccination.
- Acceptable Form of COVID-19 Test Result: We will accept a printout or digital copy of a negative COVID-19 test (within 72 hours of each class) as proof.