Foreclosures & Workouts: A Lender's Perspective
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Location: Holland & Knight LLP, 10 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA
Registration: 7:45am | Program: 8:00 - 9:15am
Pricing: REFA Members $40 | Non-Members $60
Under Massachusetts law, and well-drafted loan documentation, a lender has a number of potential courses of action it can take when its borrower has defaulted under a loan. However, no avenue is more effective, or more fraught with landmines, than foreclosure. As such, lenders must be sure to carefully navigate the post-default process. The speakers at this session will discuss the steps necessary to foreclose and the potential consequences associated with various post-default procedures.
Among the issues to be discussed are:
- Preliminary matters before exercising the statutory power of sale
- Service members Civil Relief actions
- The mechanics of an actual foreclosure sale
- Common obstacles encountered in dealing with a default
- Post-foreclosure sale considerations
- Potential non-foreclosure remedies.
Be sure to come with questions for these experts in default servicing.
* Christopher J. Currier, Esq., Partner, Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP
* Thomas J. Enright, Associate, Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP
Members Register Online | Faxable Registration Form
Please direct any questions to Maggie Collins, 617-399-7856.